Following the announcement of a nationwide lockdown we are pleased to confirm that our “Visiting Pods” will still be available Monday – Friday for families to keep in touch with loved ones. It is a requirement that a checklist is completed at each visit which will be provided by our staff on arrival. This is to ensure the safety of all our residents and staff.
Special arrangements may be made on compassionate grounds for residents who may be approaching the end of their life. This would be by prior arrangement with the Home Manager.
Please continue to keep in touch with your loved ones using the video calling and facetime facilities provided using the high speed wi-fi that has been installed across the Village.
We will continue to provide updates as and when things may change. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
How to Book a Visit
Visiting may be booked through the Home Manager. The visit may last for 20 minutes and only one person, can visit at any time - this is to reduce the risk of infection. You must follow infection guidelines:
- Book visits in advance; for a specific day, time and length of visit. No longer than 20 minutes
- Check in with the care provider on the day prior to their visit, to ensure the situation in the service has not changed.
- Be free of any COVID-19 symptoms on the day of the visit.
- Not be unwell on the day of the visit.
- Comply with the infection prevention and control measures, including; a temperature test, mandatory hand hygiene, the use of PPE. Families are asked to provide their own masks.
- Social distancing requirements, and remain in the designated visiting area.
Ensure that any gifts brought to give to the individual they are visiting can be sanitised, in line with relevant infection prevention and control (IPC) guidance, this meaning anything brought into the Home must be able to be wiped with sanitising wipes.
Thank you for your continued support through these difficult times.