Unfortunately we are still in a situation where all non-essential visits have had to cease due to rising infection rates in the surrounding areas and the government restrictions on movement. For residents that are at the end of their life, special arrangements may be made by prior arrangement with the Unit Manager.
We are pleased to inform you that Moundsley Village are currently in the process of having visiting Pods installed in each of our Units. These will provide a safe place for loved ones to visit their family member. The Pods will be set in a room that has its own entrance so there will be no need to enter the main area of the Homes.
Visiting must be booked through the Home Manager. The visit may last up to 20 minutes and only one person, can visit at any time - this is to reduce the risk of infection. You must follow infection guidelines. Please see below:
The Plan is as follows:
- Book visits in advance; for a specific day, time and length of visit. No longer than 20 minutes.
- Check in with the care provider on the day prior to their visit, to ensure the situation in the service has not changed.
- Be free of any COVID-19 symptoms on the day of the visit.
- Not be unwell on the day of the visit.
- Comply with the infection prevention and control measures, including; a temperature test, mandatory hand hygiene, the use of PPE. Families are asked to provide their own masks.
- Social distancing requirements, and remain in the designated visiting area.
- Ensure that any gifts brought to give to the individual they are visiting can be sanitised, in line with relevant infection prevention and control (IPC) guidance, this meaning anything brought into the Home must be able to be wiped with sanitising wipes.
Please continue to keep in touch with your loved ones using the video calling and facetime facilities provided. We have high speed wi-fi across the village.